Saturday, February 19, 2011

How to use Google Chrome as your default PDF reader on Windows

I don't often need to open a PDF file, and when I do it's typically something I'm looking at in my Web browser. Since I'm using Google Chrome, the built-in PDF viewer is what I use 90% of the time. I do, however, get the odd email at my day job (where we don't use webmail) with a PDF attachment I need to read.

So I thought, "why not open those in Chrome, too?" It's easy enough to set up. Here's how to do it.

First, locate your Google Chrome executable. The easiest way to do this is to right-click your Chrome shortcut and choose properties from the menu. In the box labeled target, you'll see the complete path to Chrome.exe. Highlight that text and copy it to your clipboard.

Continue reading How to use Google Chrome as your default PDF reader on Windows

How to use Google Chrome as your default PDF reader on Windows originally appeared on Download Squad on Fri, 11 Feb 2011 15:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

Source: http://downloadsquad.switched.com/2011/02/11/how-to-use-google-chrome-as-your-default-pdf-reader-on-windows/

Denver Nuggets Minnesota Timberwolves Oklahoma City Thunder

No comments:

Post a Comment